Melanoma Cancer:-Melanoma is usually cancer but not always cancer of the skin.Melanoma cancer is also known as malignant cancer, which is the most serious type of skin cancer.There are more than 1 billion cases per year(India).
How melanoma cancer is caused.
Melanoma caused by the pigment-producing cells(Melanocytes) that give colour to the skin becomes cancerous.Melanocytes also form moles where melanoma often develops.Moles can be a risk factor for melanoma but remember that most moles don’t become melanoma.
There are three general categories of Melanoma.
- Cutaneous Melanoma:-Cutaneous melanoma is melanoma of the skin.Cutaneous melanoma is the most common type of skin pigment(melanoma).Cutaneous melanoma can be classified into five ways:-
- Nodular Melanoma
- Letigo Malinga melanoma
- Acral Lentiginous melanoma
- Superficial Spreading melanoma
- Desmoplastic melanoma
- Mucosal Melanoma:-This can occur in any mucous membrane of the body including throat, nasal passage, vagina, anus, mouth
- Ocular Melanoma:-also called choroidal melanoma or uveal melanoma. It is the rare form of melanoma that occurs in the eye.It is the second most common melanoma.
Causes Of Melanoma.
Of course, You may be at higher risk if you are having at least five symptoms below:-
- Tanning bed use
- Family history of melanoma
- Fair Skin light hair colour light eye colour
- Exposure to UV Radiation
- Sun burn at young age
- High number of moles
- Weakened immune system
- Previous non-melanoma skin cancer diagnosis
Prevention of Melanoma.
- Don’t Burn
- Avoid the shade especially between 10 AM to 4 PM
- Seek to tan and never use UV Tanning beds
- Cover up by clothing Uv blocking sunglasses
- Keep newborns away of the sun sunscreens should be used on the babies till the age of six months
- By Examine your skin head to toe.
- Meet your physician every year.
- And Use a broad spectrum (UVA/UVB) sunscreens
- Use of turmeric
- First, Stage 0:- tumours are noninvasive
- Second, Stage 1:- tumours have invaded the skin but are small
- Third, Stage 2:- tumours are larger over 1mm thick
- Fourth, Stages 3 and 4:- metastasized
Treatment of melanoma cancer.
Removal of the melanoma by surgery excision(cutting it out).
- Oncolytic virus therapy
- Bacille Calmette-Guerin vaccine(BCG)
- Imiquimod cream
In conclusion, pigment producing cells that give colour to the skin become cancerous, For this reason, melanoma is caused.So, make sure to get checked up for this of yourself for melanoma symptoms.Therefore, use preventions of melanoma.Afterward get treatments of melanoma too.